I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bridal Fashion Week

Bridal Fashion Week Spring 2014 continued with the industry's heavy hitters - Vera Wang, Monique Lhuillier, and Oscar de la Renta

Vera Wang played with color once again. Last year she used both black and tan organza, which I thought was edgy and I actually liked it. This year she did the black and white trend that was huge at Fashion Week this past September. Sorry Vera, but I'm not a fan. They may work for the runway, but I just can't envision these dresses walking down an aisle. 

Monique Lhuillier had lots of sixties inspired mod dresses along with her signature lace and organza ball gowns. Overall I liked the collection, especially for brides looking to elope or who are looking for shorter dress options. 

Last is Oscar de la Renta who played with pale colors. He used blue and pink hues mixed with Ivory organza. I'm always a fan of color as long as it doesn't distract from the bride herself - which is why I think I dislike Vera Wang's collection this spring. 

What do you think Un-Brides - Would you don any of these dresses on your day?









No comments:

Post a Comment