I Guess I Do

 photo PRESS_zps60f7d5cf.png  photo ADVERTISE_zps8e385a24.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png  photo IGUESSIMDUE_zpsba13f561.png

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Morning Workout

On Monday, Jen touched on how she enjoyed doing yoga the morning of her wedding. I too am a major proponent of wedding day workouts – not with the goal to be healthy, but because it makes your face look better. Yes, I know I’m vain. 

Most mornings I wake up looking like Nick Nolte’s mug shot, and I knew that couldn't fly on my wedding day. And although you may try your hardest to get some sleep the night before your wedding, there’s no way that's ever going to happen.

I had the best intentions. I would have a sleepover with my mom and we would be in bed by 11:00. Everything was going as planned, until around 1:00 am when I woke up to my mom kicking like a wild banshee with restless leg syndrome.

She had cramps in her calves and toes. We were laughing hysterically and joking she wouldn’t be able to walk at the wedding. Knowing her track record, this was definitely a possibility. Needless to say, I didn’t go back to bed. I was wide awake and ready for my 7:30am spin & barre class I had scheduled.

Now I wasn’t a total workout Nazi. I didn't demand my bridal party had to attend. I threw it out there, and about 5 took the bait. We may have looked like zombies when we walked in, but we walked out feeling energized and alive.

So whether it’s with everyone or just yourself, get up and get active the morning of your wedding. You’ll de-stress, de-puff those eyes, and look less dead. Which is always a plus in my book, well maybe not in Nick Nolte's.


Photo Courtesy: Fit On Studios



No comments:

Post a Comment